About Northern Beaches Hospital
Northern Beaches Hospital provides world-class, Level 5 delineation services for both public and private patients. The hospital features 486 beds, 50-bed Emergency Department, 20-bed general and cardiothoracic ICU, 14 state-of-the-art theatres including cardiac catheter labs, world-class education centre, doctors lounge and excellent staff facilities including café and car parking
From cardiothoracic surgery and neurosurgery to luxury maternity and excellent emergency care, Northern Beaches Hospital has a wide range of services that can help you build a healthcare career in your chosen field.
We are proud to be home to some of Australia’s leading clinical specialists and a training ground for the clinicians of the future. The Northern Beaches Clinical School is an innovative partnership with the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences at Macquarie University. NBH also has partnerships with other tertiary education institutions including well-respected nursing schools.
Northern Beaches Hospital offers staff opportunities to gain unique experience in a growing teaching hospital. Our culture is young, friendly and open to ideas.
About the Role
Are you a motivated and passionate Ward Clerk or Administrator looking to step into a rewarding career opportunity? We are looking for an Administration Officer to fill a part-time role within our Day Oncology and Infusion Service.
Our administrators provide outstanding customer care to patients and their families. This is a great role for experienced and patient care focused individuals who are wanting to achieve work-life balance and a dynamic career in Healthcare.
As an administrator your responsibilities will include:
- providing patient-centred customer service including:
- greet all customers
- handle enquires with a friendly and professional manner
- maintain accurate and timely patient information data collection and processing of medical records,
- undertaking general administration duties,
- liaison with other areas of the hospital,
- arranging patient transport for discharge and inter-facility transfer,
- management of patient electronic records ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of patient information.
- experience in an acute patient focused healthcare facility/hospital,
- highly developed interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to work in multidisciplinary work environments,
- good computer literacy & sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel),
- a track record of providing great service and customer experience,
- strong interpersonal communication and report writing skills,
- ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
Employee Benefits: Our OneHealthscope rewards program gives you access to a range of wellness benefits, as well as discounted onsite parking at Northern Beaches Hospital and access to Fitness Passport!
- Wellness benefits including a wide offering of holistic support through our Employee Assistance Program and free services including medical examination of employees and discounted Healthscope services for permanent Healthscope employees and immediate family members.
- OneHealthscope rewards program with national deals and discounts for travel, health insurance and banking offers.
- Variety of leave options and salary packaging, additional superannuation, Novated motor vehicle lease and Airline/Club membership
Application Enquiries: Kali Renata-Bergin, Director of Patient Services, email@example.com
To Apply: Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children’s Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.