Northern Beaches Hospital is looking for Mental Health Registered Nurses to join our fantastic older adults mental health inpatient team on a permanent full time basis, to provide quality health care services to the Northern Beaches community. Healthscope Northern Beaches are an accredited training hospital. Due to our size and acute hospital status, a career with us means you’ll be involved in training and exposed to a wide range of cases.
Northern Beaches Hospital is a dedicated facility for all patients in our local area It was thoughtfully designed to optimise patient safety and overall experience, and to provide meaningful management and operational efficiencies that benefit everyone. NBH is a patient-centred hospital able to provide a full range of health services: including Acute Medicine, Acute Surgery, Allied Health, Outpatients, Anaesthetics, Coronary Care, Emergency Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Intensive Care, Medical Imaging, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oncology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Pharmacy and Renal Dialysis, 13 operating theatres, 1 Hybrid theatre, 2 cardiac catheter laboratories and 4 procedure rooms.
The Mental health unit has been designed, built and fitted to an exceptionally high standard in order to provide a pleasant environment whilst meeting the requirements for an acute mental health facility. The unit has 61 beds.
• Current Registration with AHPRA
• Demonstrated skills in assessment and care, co-ordination of inpatient consumers who are seriously affected by mental illness.
• Ability to deliver recovery focused interventions that are evidence-based
• Acts as a clinical resource/mentor for junior staff who are involved in the management of consumers with mental health concerns, including those with concurrent alcohol or substance use issues
• Working with Children Check
• Commitment to Quality Patient Care
• Sound clinical decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Works well independently and within a team
• Basic computer skills
• Post graduate experience in psycho-geriatric/older person’s mental health
This position is based in a large, friendly environment. It is a 24/7 service and so you will need to have the flexibility to work a full rotating roster – 12 hour shifts are available.
Benefits we offer:
• Discounted onsite parking with access to public transport only steps away
• Discounted gym memberships
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Salary Packaging
• Bulk Billing services for employees and immediate family members.
If you are successful in the role, you will receive a salary based on your years of relevant registered nursing experience against the current Healthscope and NSWNMA/ANMF – NSW Nurses and Midwives’ – Enterprise Agreement 2020 – 2024, a salary ranging from $33.91 – $47.62 per hour.
Further Enquiries: Please contact Andrew Woodward, NUM Older Person’s Ward, 02 9105 6336 or email@example.com
To Apply: Please click on the ‘Apply’ button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children’s Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.