- Outstanding opportunity for RN with a passion for paediatric nursing
- Enjoy a fast paced work environment with a great team culture across a 24/7 rotating roster
- Professional & Leadership development opportunities
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of the Health and Care Workers
About 4A Canopy Ward at Monash Children’s Hospital
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people across a range of specialities.
Monash Children’s Hospital continues our tradition of providing outstanding patient and family centred care in a purpose-built paediatric facility, delivering clinical services in a child and family-friendly environment.
Ward 4A – Canopy is a 32 bed General and Specialist Medical and Oncology Unit. We are excited to announce a temporary Registered Nurse role.
About The Role
As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will have demonstrated skills in providing excellent care. You must also demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop the skills required within the paediatric setting. With your caring, passionate and engaging manner, you will play a key role in leading by example within a patient centric and family friendly environment. Using your excellent communication skills, you will work within a multidisciplinary team with the sole purpose of delivering exceptional paediatric care at all times.
We currently have available a .8EFT 1 year fixed term contract working across 24/7 rotational shifts.
You are dedicated to Paediatric Nursing, passionate about providing excellent care and committed to being an advocate for patients and their families. You are also
- committed to safe best practice & quality care at all times
- team driven & thrive working collaboratively within a passionate Paediatric nursing team
- an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles
What You Need:
- Relevant Qualification combined with Paediatric Nursing experience
- Demonstrated Paediatric Nursing experience
- Current AHPRA registration
- Australian working rights
What We Offer:
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills and knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership and project management skills
- mentorship and career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums and conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay, access to onsite discounted staff car parking and gym (only where relevant), uniform (only where relevant) and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries regarding employee accounts contact Recruitment Services by email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Search our Facebook community ‘Nursing and Midwifery Careers at Monash Health’ to be part of an online group; keep updated with recruitment tips and opportunities at Monash Health.