Registered Nurse – MBPH
Multiple Full Time and Part Time positions available
Mildura Base Public Hospital is a 172-bed (level 1) tertiary teaching hospital, offering services to both public and private patients providing public hospital services on behalf of the Victorian Government to the community of Mildura and the Sunraysia District. The hospital is a major public referral service for the Northern Mallee region providing services to approximately 80,000 people, treating over 20,000 inpatients.
We are looking for Registered Nurses who have the capacity to work in a vibrant and dynamic team environment and who share the same ambition of our hospital – to provide the highest quality care for our patients.
As a registered Nurse, you will have AHPRA registration, possess extensive clinical skills and experience within the medical field (preferably 2 years clinical nursing experience.) You will have the ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of the patient. You must be available for a mixture of shifts, which will include weekdays, lates, nights, weekends and public holidays.
About the Role:
The Rehabilitation / Palliative Care Ward is an 18 bed specialty unit providing multidisciplinary care and discharge planning for sub-acute rehabilitation, geriatric management and evaluation and palliative care patients. MBPH are seeking a positive, dynamic, friendly and nurturing Registered Nurse to join the team in the Rehabilitation / Palliative Care Ward on a full time / part time basis.
To be successful in this role you will be a registered nurse, have relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA) and have clinical skills. You will have experience in general nursing and have experience in or an interest in the development of your skills in rehabilitation, geriatric and palliative care nursing. You will possess a dedicated approach to a team-orientated work place. You will be available for a mixture of shift of which will include weekdays. Weekends, public holidays and nights.
In addition, you will also have:
- an understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- the ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- a focus on time management and great communication skills
- Focus on patient centered care
These roles will provide flexible working hours to support your wellbeing. MBPH provides a work environment that embraces professional development and supports staff to maximize growth through internal and external education opportunities.
We are proud of our MBPH HEART Values made in consultation with our staff, and we live them every day. Happy Empathetic Accountable Respectful Team-Based
Our H.E.A.R.T Values
We are proud of our H E A R T values that were created in consultation with our employees and we live them every day, in all that we do:
Happy Empathetic Accountable Respectful Team Based.
Our Regional Hub
Mildura is a vibrant regional city located on the picturesque Murray River. It is home to beautiful wineries and restaurants, boutique shopping and a brand new sports precinct. We have a range of exceptional primary and secondary schools as well as a La Trobe University campus. If you are looking for a rewarding career progression and work life balance, this is an opportunity you just cannot miss.
For further information regarding the Hospital visit www.mbph.org.au
What we offer:
- Public Sector salary packaging benefits allowing you to pay less tax!
- A workplace culture committed to representing the HEART values every day
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Ability to shape and grown your role
- Dedicated employee and family Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellbeing initiatives fostered through genuine care for our employees
- An environment that sees innovation and collaboration as the key to sustained success
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion
We evidence our culture by:
- Experiencing 44% growth in our employee engagement rate;
- 88% of employees understand their connection to the workplace;
- Our team-based culture is evidence by 88% of employees saying they work strongly as a team
- We encourage diversity with 76% of employees saying culture is not a barrier to success and that equal opportunity in recruitment and internal promotion opportunities
- That we support our staff in prevention of workplace stress
- That psychosocial health is top of mind with an increase of 36% on last results
We still have work to do, and every year we are committed to aiming higher in efforts to make MBPH a great place to work and where our employees and patients are our number one priorities
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, an Employee working with children’s check and undertake immunisation screening prior to commencement.
For a copy of the position description and to find out more about our wonderful Hospital, please visit www.mbph.org.au or find us on Facebook.
For any questions please email email@example.com
Closing date: 26 May 2022