- Security Officer – CASUAL ROLE
- Fantastic career opportunity
- Northern Beaches location
Northern Beaches Hospital is a 488 bed facility operated by Healthscope. Treating both private and public in and outpatients, NBH provides acute medical, surgical and mental health care to Sydney’s northern beaches. Located on the northern beaches, the hospital is extremely well-situated and its management supports and encourages staff to achieve work-life balance, while actively supporting their professional development.
As we expand our service provision, Northern Beaches Hospital invite applications from Security Officers to join our team. As the Security Officer, you will play an integral part in delivering exceptional service to our patients, staff and visitors. You will provide practical support to the Security Manager providing a 24/7 service to provide protection and safety within hospital grounds.
You will make an impact by:
- Deliver all aspects of protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, patients and visitors
- Staff the security zone within the Emergency Department
- Patrol the internal and external perimeters of the hospital
- Carpark Duties
- Assist in investigations
- Control access points and prevent unauthorised entry and removal of hospital property
- Prevent vandalism, loitering and public nuisance
- Provide security escorts for staff, patients and visitors as required
- Respond to notification of fire, trespass, theft, vandalism, assault or other threats
- Respond to incidents and use negotiation and de-escalation skills
As an experienced Security Officer, you will bring to our high-performing team:
- Certificate II in Security (Guarding) or equivalent
- Previous operating experience within a Security Control Room with security systems, i.e. Electronic Access Control and CCTV System Knowledge
- A Class 1 licence (endorsed with at least subclasses 1A and 1 in accordance with the Security Industry Act 1997)
- Ability to work a flexible roster – including after hours and weekends
- Track record of providing great service and customer experience
- Strong interpersonal communication and report writing skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Well-developed oral and written communication
- Good computer literacy & sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please apply online.
Security Master Licence Number: 000104222
Application close: 27 October 2021
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children’s Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.